For someone like me, who isn’t naturally organised, planning blog posts can feel like a bit of pain. However, over the years I have been blogging I’ve discovered it is much better to have a plan when it comes to your content, rather than constantly winging it!
In today’s video, I share my top 3 tips when it comes to planning your blog posts. You can watch the video here.
How to Plan Blog Posts
- Write it down – Writing down your ideas is a great way to never forget that amazing blog post.
- Use a diary or calendar – Visually seeing your blog posts for the month written down make it much easier to plan ahead when it comes to writing and taking photographs.
- Include features – Including regular features or topics you love to write about on a monthly basis makes it easy to plan out the content and prevent any gaps in your calendar.
By being organised with your blog planning it can prevent writer’s block as you always know what you are going to write and for when. It also makes it easier to prepare your photographs, purchase anything you need to complete the post and spend longer on creating your blog post than when you write things last minute – Trust me it does make a difference! If you want to know what to include in your next blog post, read my blog on the topic here.
By watching my video you will see me go into more detail on these 3 tips. Even if being organised doesn’t come naturally to you, it will make a big difference to your blogging flow and your overall enjoyment of blogging.
- What are your top tips when it comes to planning your blog posts for the month?
- Are you naturally organised or, like me, do you really have to work at it?
Share your thoughts below, I’d love to know!
P.S. There is still time to join my free 7-day Blogging Challenge. Click here to join us!